Thursday 15 August 2013

The V-Cube

I’ll start off my blog by introducing everyone to my 7x7x7 Rubik’s Cube.



The brand is V-cube and I bought it from Comics Connection a few years ago.
Solving a standard 3x3x3 Rubik’s Cube isn’t that hard, and if you’re interested to learn you can find plenty of tutorials on the web teaching you the steps and algorithms. You can choose to remember all of the algorithms, or you can just remember the few essential ones, which you can still be able to solve a cube. However do note that the more algorithms you memorise, the faster you’ll be able to solve it. Many people do that to improve their timing, and it’s known as speedcubing.
Any cube larger than 3x3x3 isn’t any much harder, as one of the methods involve solving centres and edges to turn the cube into a 3x3x3 and using the exact same steps for solving a 3x3x3 Rubik’s Cube.
Currently the largest Rubik’s Cube I’ve seen selling in the market would be 9x9x9. However do take note that the larger the cube is, the longer it takes to solve it. Again, it’s not hard, but it requires patience.
For large cubes my preference would be 5x5x5, 7x7x7 and, if I had a chance to get my hands on one of them, the 9x9x9. This is because even number cubes, excluding the 2x2x2, have an extra step to solve parity errors, which happens 50% of the time. It involves a very long algorithm to memorise, so I choose to avoid those cubes.


No comments:

Post a Comment